Spinal Cord Injuries
Passengers can experience a variety of physical injuries in an auto accident. One particularly devastating type of damage is injuries to the spine. Victims of spinal cord injuries may be at risk of long-term health problems and serious complications as a result of the car accident. Fortunately, when individuals experience traumatic injuries because of the negligence of another, there are often ways to ensure that the responsible party is held liable for their actions.
If you or someone you love has suffered from a spinal cord injury or other loss because of the careless actions of another driver, you may be eligible for financial compensation for your suffering. Contact the Des Moines car accident lawyers of , at 877-327-2600 today for more information about our services and the ways we can help you protect your rights.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
Some of the most common types of spinal cord injuries include:
- Compression- Instances of localized pressure on the nerves that often occur because of the presence of foreign objects, such as debris from the accident lodged in the spine
- Contusion- Bruising that forms on the inside of the spinal column that can affect the distribution of pressure on the nerves and nerve cells of the spine
- Concussion- Unexpected and jarring motion that can leave the nerves in a type of shock
- Tear- An incomplete separation of the nerves of the spinal cord
- Cut- A complete severing of the nerves found in the spinal column, which often results in permanent paralysis and disability
Spinal cord injuries can leave you with permanent disabilities that may prevent you from working and earning the wages you need to cover food, shelter, and other necessities. Fortunately, the party at fault may be responsible for compensating you for your lost wages.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a devastating spinal cord injury in an auto accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation if someone else is to blame for your suffering. Contact the offices of the Des Moines car accident attorneys of , at 877-327-2600 to discuss your case with a member of our team.