Causes of Bicycle Accidents
When most people think of vehicle collisions, they visualize an accident between two automobiles. However, vehicle collisions also include any incidents that occur between a car and a bicycle. Bicycle accidents are a very dangerous type of collision because the bicyclist is much less protected from a potential impact.
If you have been involved in an accident between an automobile and a bicycle and experienced an injury because of the other person’s reckless behavior, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation. Contact the Des Moines car accident attorneys of , at 877-327-2600 to speak to an experienced lawyer about your rights today.
Bicycle Collision Factors
There are many types of behavior that can lead to a collision with a bicycle on the road, including:
- Failure by a driver to keep a safe distance from a bicyclist
- A driver failing to acknowledge an approaching bicycle when turning
- Failure by either party to adhere to safety regulations and laws
- An assumption made by the driver or bicyclist regarding the behavior of the other
- Either operator exhibiting signs of reckless behavior or negligence
Safe driving practices should always be used by motorists, but in bicycle-friendly areas, everyone should exhibit extra caution.
There is no excuse for careless actions that lead to devastating collisions. If you or someone you love has suffered an injury because of another party’s negligence, you may be able to hold them responsible under the law. Contact the Des Moines car accident attorneys of , at 877-327-2600 for a free legal consultation.