18-Wheeler Related Accidents
If you have ever felt the force produced by an 18-wheeler or other large truck as it drove past you, then you may have an idea of the kind of power these vehicles are capable of. Every year, hundreds of 18-wheeler accidents result in millions of dollars in damages and numerous injuries and deaths.
Reckless driving has no place on the road. If you or someone you know has been involved in an 18-wheeler accident caused by a reckless truck driver or trucking company, you may eligible for compensation under the law. Contact the Des Moines auto accident attorneys of today at 877-327-2600.
Conditions and Causes
The moment an 18-wheeler reaches high speeds, it becomes exponentially harder to stop due to the momentum it gains. When this large mass of steel is unable to stop, anything in front of it is almost guaranteed to be crushed or damaged in some fashion. Accidents involving 18-wheelers can be caused by:
- Driver Fatigue: This is usually due to lack of sleep and long driving hours
- Driving Under the Influence: Intoxication can be from illegal substances, alcohol, or prescription medication
- Tailgating: Drivers of 18-wheelers are usually at fault for accidents involving tailgating
- Harsh Road Conditions: Factors such as snow, ice, rain, and minimal-visibility weather
- Equipment Failure: Failure in brakes, tires, and steering
- Reckless Driving: Drivers failing to obey the traffic laws of an area
If you have been involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler or other large commercial truck, contact the Des Moines truck accident attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. at 877-327-2600.